Monday, March 3, 2008

(International) Adult Learner's Week

In an embarrassing hustle to get Federal budget money spent before the end of the fiscal year, Canada's UNESCO chapter thingy is celebrating IALW this week (pdf media release here).

The Province of New Brunswick is celebrating by laying off all its Adult Literacy facilitators.

Actually, its just coincidence that IALW falls on the public school's March Break. (Why the gov't thinks adult literacy classes should match step with the public school system is another matter - neither coincidental nor particularly pleasant.)




I'm spending most of the week at the public library - where some of my adult learners will join me. I spent today working with friends to set up a Quality Learning NB display for a small event the library is hosting tomorrow.





Then, next week, I get hired back and classes resume.

*sigh*

No comments: